04/05/2012 - European Fisheries Fund (EFF) Northern Ireland - New Round Open
The European Fisheries Fund (EFF) for Northern Ireland will provide support for the fisheries sector by giving priority to four basic areas under six overall aims.
The aims are to:
- support the Common Fisheries Policy to ensure exploitation of living aquatic resources in a way which creates the necessary conditions for sustainability in economic, environmental and social terms;
- promote a sustainable balance between resources and fleet capacity;
- strengthen competitiveness and the development of economically viable enterprises in the sector;
- foster the protection of the environment and natural resources;
- encourage sustainable development and the improvement of the quality of life in marine, lake and coastal areas affected by fishing and aquaculture activities; and
- promote equality between women and men in the development of the sector and coastal fishing areas.
Support will be provided under EFF based on four priority axes, which are:
- Priority Axis 1 - Measures for the adaptation of the Community Fishing Fleet.
- Priority Axis 2 - Aquaculture, Inland Fishing, Processing and Marketing of Fishery and Aquaculture Products.
- Priority Axis 3 - Measures of Common Interest.
- Priority Axis 4 - Sustainable Development of Fisheries Areas.
No minimum or maximum grant amounts are stipulated.
Applicants must be from the Northern Ireland fishing sector.
The current tranche of the European Fisheries Fund is open until 5pm on 30 June 2012.
Click here for more details (opens in new window).
Source: dardni.gov.uk, 03/05/2012