12/04/2012 - Free Marketing Course for Clean-tech Businesses (South West)
Participants at the University of the West of England's course will leave with a framework, tools and techniques for the development of their own marketing plans.
A 'one-stop-shop' for environmental technology businesses in the South West, the Environmental Technologies iNet provides a gateway to the expertise; funding and support services businesses need to succeed in one of the UK's fastest growing and most competitive sectors.
This summer the iNet, led by the University of the West of England and backed by a consortium of regional partners, is hosting a free marketing course. The course will be facilitated by the Applied Marketing Group, made up of leading academics with extensive practical experience of marketing management and consultancy across a wide range of business sectors.
The course will cover topics that include how to:
- set a clear business mission and specific objectives;
- analyse the internal and external business environment;
- understand customer/competitor/supplier behaviour;
- build on business strengths and recognise weaknesses;
- seize opportunities and limit potential threats;
- identify competencies to gain competitive advantage;
- establish a criteria for segmenting your marketplace;
- select product, pricing and distribution strategies; and
- manage implementation (timing, budgets, stakeholders).
The two-day course will take place on 26 June and 3 July 2012 (10am-4pm, both days) at UWE Executive Development Centre, Frenchay Campus, Bristol BS16 1QY.
As places on the course are limited, companies and entrepreneurs that have accrued less than six hours of support through the iNet will be given priority.
Click here to visit the Environmental Technologies iNet website for further information and to apply (opens in new window).
Source: environmental-inet.co.uk, 12/04/2012